Thursday, June 9, 2011

Dreaming of a pretty kids room.

I am re-doing the kid's room. We never really finished painting it and it is looking sad. I go in there and can't stand the randomness of it all. First of all, the beds don't match and its really bugging me. Don't get me wrong I love mismatched and eclectic style but in their room it's not eclectic, it hideous. If I get brave enough I'll snap a picture of how it looks now and show it to you. That probably won't happen till I get you an after picture to help relieve the shock :)
I have here a collection of Pins I saved on my "Home" Pin board. To see all the other pins on that board just click here, If you want to see all my pins boards go here.

How do I want the room to look?
 Do I want flowery wallpaper?

 do I want clean white walls with colorful accents?

I realize that these two styles are not much alike, but I really like both of them.
I love the romantic feeling of floral walls and antique beds. So pretty and soothing.
I also like the simple white because you can hang up almost anything on the wall and it doesn't look bad. Also it gives room for a bright and cheery hand sewn quilt!

This is a boys room too so flowers will have to wait. 
The poor boy had to live in a pink room for years (we finally painted it a pale green) we don't want to traumatize him.
Maybe the flowered wallpaper will show up in a new craft room, or possible when Lizzy gets her own room. I couldn't help swooning at all the wallpapered rooms so I decided to share them with you any way.
What is your style? Are you a flower lover or a white purist?
Hope this Post finds you all well! Have a great week everyone!


kelly said...

re: wallpaper vs. clean white, i think it depends on how much art is on the walls, personally.

Elegantpaws said...

I love wallpaper, it makes such a statement. Those ones are stunning too.

Joyce said...

I love white and neutral colors because you can do anything with them, and you don't get tired of them. But I've always wanted to paint a room green. Beautiful spring-time green!

outdoor furniture cushions said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Etsy shop