Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

what I am up to right now

We're getting ready for Easter over here. And this year that means road trip! In deciding what needs to get packed, I am thinking of a list like this:
  • sewing machine ( for sewing at my moms house)
  • fabric
  • embroidery hoop, needle, and threads (for sewing in the car)
  • random things to entertain kids (this could be a whole other list, or book even)
  • clothes
  • diapers
  • car ride snacks
  • camera
  • home made books on tape (need to make some new ones for this trip)
  • music
Here is a tip to anyone who needs a new way to keep kids happy on a long car ride. Before you go, let the kids record themselves telling jokes, made up stories, and just being goofy. Your kids will love to listen to themselves, and, It will become a treasured keepsake when they are older. I was surprised how much my kids loved to listen to that tape! Our favorite part was the recording of the baby laughing. It made the entire car burst into laughs every time. :)
    Next week I am guest posting over at luvinthemommyhood for Comfy Sews VS Cozy Knits, so be sure and come back and see what it is I'm doing! :)

    Post a Comment

    2 Comments

    Delia said…
    I love how every picture you take is so calmling and lovely. That taping your kids idea is brilliant. We really need to do that. Have a fun, safe trip!
    Allison said…
    What a fun idea to make a tape of your kids being silly and telling jokes, etc. I'm going to keep this in mind for in a few years! (My little guy is only 5 months right now.)