Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Edmund Dulac illustrations

I am greatly inspired by these paintings by Edmund Dulac.

They remind me a bit of the paintings by Warwick Goble I blogged about a little while ago. I really love the color schemes and lovely intricate backgrounds in these paintings. When I look at these I start to think that my paintings need a little more work in the design and background aspects. My portraits are becoming mundane to me and I need to open my mind and imagination to the design of the painting as a whole and not just the quality of the girl in the painting. I don't mean to say my portraits are badly painted I am just saying my future paintings could be improved by using good design and spending more time on the background. I get so excited every time I find a artist that inspires me! I hope these images inspire you too.



















Post a Comment

0 Comments