Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

last second preparations

With my appointment to turn the baby and a very probable induction coming this Thursday, I have been keeping busy trying to get things in order. Its isn't often that you know the real due date a week ahead of time so I am trying to take advantage of it. One of the things on my to do list was to get the baby's quilt made. This is the fastest quilt I have ever made so far. I finished it in two days! I would've liked the top stitching to be a little straighter but I am not a perfect quilter. But I believe when something is made for you by someone you love it is treasured even with all it's flaws. I love that all the patchwork fabric is from the thrift store, most of it vintage, because that makes it a little unique. The color scheme evolved by itself after I saw the fabrics in my craft room unintentionally stacked together. It was super fast to make because of the simple square patchwork pattern. I wanted it to be a soft blanket so I chose this super furry plush stuff for the backing. (I got it on sale at Jo-Anne's.) It is sure to be her favorite blanket since all of us think it is fantastically soft and cozy. Seriously we cant stop rubbing it!

Post a Comment

4 Comments

Cheryl said…
beautiful baby quilt. Love all the thrifted fabric you used and the quilting is my favorite. It's simple, but lovely....and can I just say that the plush makes that look like the creamiest, cosiest quilt.
Congrats!
Elise said…
This is so pretty! I want one too ;) Good luck with the delivery, I hope it all goes well!
I also enjoyed your anniversary post, it was sweet!
Delia said…
Oh I think it's lovely Lorajean. Best wishes for this Thursday!
Annie Carie said…
I LOVE this quilt and the colors are perfect. I love putting soft snugly fabric on the back.