Girl in blue coat papier mache sulpture




I didn't stay inside the papier mache box with this girl and I had a lot of fun.
I hand knitted the girl's scarf with natural-fiber yarn, and hand-made her blue double-breasted coat, including the intricate stitching and buttons. (Note: the coat is not removable).

The girl is holding a mask (perhaps she's on her way to a masquerade ball)...the mask is made out of paperclay, and is highly detailed.

The final layer of papier mache on her skirt is from an old World History book I found at the thrift store.

(If you look carefully at the base, you'll notice that there are little sculpted mounds of snow to add texture...just for fun).

Took me long enough to make another one of these though! sheesh!

Comments

Diane Duda said…
she's amazing!
paperclay is definitely on my new things to try list. :)
xo
di
mer said…
completely stunning LJ! I wish I could afford her!
The Miz said…
Lorajean, she is so lovely. Do you ever do likenesses?
Rebecca Aycock
Celeste Jean said…
I am truly impressed

from your fellow utahan

-Celeste
Heather said…
Oh! She is darling and amazing!
Small Burst said…
You are amazing. I absolutely adore your blog and your home. Thanks for inspiring me!
Elise said…
She is beautiful! I love that you knitted her scarf! Everything about her is great :)
D-lyn said…
she looks just like you LJ.
Adorable and I love her wool coat and her scarf and her mask and her ...
All of Her!

Popular Posts