Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Book paper, paper chains



We made these book paper, paper chains just today. This is just the beginning I hope to fill the room to over flowing in true Buddy the elf style. Below is a little story to explain the "Christmas'y" posts that will likely continue for the next week.
I was raised in a very christian family where my parents would try hard to create a magical but reverent Christmas. In fact, my mom announced one year when I was young, that Santa was coming on New Years Eve from then on. We all went along with it and even embraced it. For example on Christmas Eve we acted out the nativity story, and on New Years Eve we would put out milk and cookies. We exchanged home made gifts from each other on Christmas. Then on New Years we received presents from Santa, usually store bought from after Christmas sales. Now were grown up and we're still continuing the tradition in one way or another. Now as we're getting ready for New Years we pull out all the stops and go overboard! I love it! Thanks for letting me share one of my unique traditions with you.

Post a Comment

3 Comments

calicodaisy said…
That's a great idea. It helps little ones decipher between the "reason for the season" and the fun and excitement of the Santa tradition. -- Michele
D-lyn said…
I love it!
I want a whole Elf decorated paper snowflake, chains, people strings the whole works how cool!!!!
But what book did you sacrifice? Poor book....
Lorajean said…
The book was an old history book I got for 50 cents just for cutting up.