Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Road trip preparations

We have a road trip to plan and I am so glad we are feeling better. Thank you all for the well wishes and kind words sent our way. You are all so sweet! :) 
Last year I brought my sewing bag and did some hand sewing in the car. It was such a good distraction to have during an 8 hour trip. I was surprised that I didn't even get car sick. 
I will for sure bring something to work on this time. Maybe I 'll cross stitch a pillow or crochet something.
Bringing some roses from the garden helped the car smell great! (I know it's totally random to bring flowers but I didn't want them to bloom and die while we were gone so I brought them along! )
 
Every July 4th my family gets together for a reunion of sorts. We usually have a themed party to make things that much more fun! (Click here, here and here, to see the different themes from past reunions.)This years theme is Pirates. Awesome right?  I am so excited! Take a look at my pirate pin board to see some great inspirations and ideas.
I made a list of what I need to get ready before we go.
  •  Cross stitch stuff
              -Floss
              -Needles
              -Fabric
              -Embroidery hoop
  • Crochet stuff
              -Hooks
              -Yarn
              -Scissors
  • Pirate stuff
              -Jolly roger flag
              -Pirate dummy (As requested by my mom, I'm excited to find out what he's for.)
              -Pirate dress ups
              -Pirate photo booth back drop

Trent is at Art on the Lawn all day today, I miss him. the goal is that he will return with less paintings and more money! :) Lizzy went with him to sell her paintings too. I hope she has a good experience! Ever since she made 10 bucks selling deflated balloons in front of the house a few weeks ago she has been obsessed with money making ideas. I hope this one goes just as well for her.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

Post a Comment

2 Comments

Steph said…
My husband is way into pirates. He's quite the expert. If he didn't have to work on the 4th, he may have just pillaged your party!! Arrr!
Jessica said…
I love it that your mom creates theme parties every year! My family just mostly just goes with boring old America theme :)